- Motor vehicles with a permitted total weight of more than 3500 kg, must use winter tyres on all axles, except from on retractable axles, from 15 November until 31 March.
- Winter tyres can be both studded tyres and non-skid tyres without studs. The tyres must be specially marked with M+S, MS, M&S, M-S, «Mud and snow», 3PMSF or “3 peak mountain snowflake”, and they must be designed specifically for winter driving
- If fitted with studded tyres, a heavy vehicle must have studded tyres on all wheels on the same axle.
- During the winter season, all vehicles with a permitted total weight of more than 3500 kg (both motor vehicles and trailers) must be fitted with tyres with a tread depth of at least 5 mm.
- In the counties Nordland, Troms and Finnmark, this requirement applies from 15 October to 30 April. In the rest of the country the requirement applies from 1 November to Monday after Easter Monday. Outside this period the required tread depth is at least 1.6 mm.
For further information please look at the official information from the authoroties on: Vegvesen.no